Join BikeHouston and become a member of Houston’s oldest bicycle advocacy group. For over 40 years BikeHouston has been working with Houston’s cycling community to be a voice for everyone who rides a bike. Your support helps us to work helps us to host events like the Moonlight Bicycle Ramble, and work with local government agencies as well as other national and state-level bicycle advocacy groups such as BikeTexas and the League of American Cyclists.
BikeHouston is a 100% volunteer group dedicated to making Houston a better place for all types of cyclists. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and the successor to the Houston Area Bicyclist Alliance (HABA) and the Two Wheel Transit Authority (TWTA). Bylaws were approved in December 2003 and our first annual General Meeting was held on January 27, 2004.
- Secure equitable access to regional facilities, lands and roads
- Educate the public about rights and responsibilities of bicyclists
- Promote public awareness of the personal and community benefits of cycling
As a member, your priviledges include:
- Discounts for special events
- Discounted BikeHouston t-shirts
- Voting rights at BikeHouston meetings
- Free bumper/bicycle stickers
- Contributions are tax-deducatable, as allowed by law
- A stronger voice for cyclists in the Greater Houston area